Have you ever seen people avoiding dinner to lose weight?
Is it really helping you lose fat? Or is it something else?
And is this really the right way to get into the shape you want to be in?
If yes, then you got it all wrong!
There is a huge difference between the weight loss and fat loss and skipping meals gives you only and only muscle and water loss.
What are the drawbacks of skipping meals?
1. Skipping meals means starving your body. When you starve, body uses muscles first a the source of energy and therefore, the metabolism drops down.
Metabolism is simply the amount of calories you burn at the rest position. Muscles are metabolically high and fat is metabolically low, therefore, if you burn out muscles and not fat, then surely your metabolism s dropping too.
When your metabolism is low, be sure to increase the body fat percentage.
2. Skipping means overeating in the next meal. Since you din’t have your dinner, it’s obvious that you either will binge in the night or eat a lot the next morning. Overeating is another culprit of being overweight.
3. Night binging- the same as overeating in the next meal. Hunger will make you restless and your mind will crave your wrong foods.
4. Low blood sugar- Skipping meals lowers the blood sugar level, making you feel low and dull.
5. Restless sleep- This is really serious and I don’t know how an people sleep empty stomach. If you don’t eat well, obviously how can you think of sleeping peacefully? Can you ever leave your child hungry and make him/her sleep peacefully?
Think about it, if a child cannot bear it, how can you?
Not sleeping well is another reason of weight gain because of poor muscle recovery and lack of nutrition.
6. Sugar craving– Of course when your sugar levels are low, you will crave for sugar.
7. You lose water and muscles and not fat. Read my very popular blog on the difference between weight loss and fat loss: How to lose weight quickly? Weight loss VS Fat loss << Click here
8. Weight gain- As your metabolism drops down, your body fat starts increasing more.
9. Skin pigmentation- Skipping meals leads to lack of nutrition and poor sleep, therefore, highly affects your skin. It might swell, get dull and pigmented or in some cases, the skin around the nails peels off.
10- Hair loss- Skipping meals highly affects the hair quality. It might become brittle, light or starts to fall excessively if this kind of diet is followed for a very long time.
11- Bloating- There are lot of people complain of bloating in the morning, this is mostly because you either had wrong food at night or you skipped your meal.
12- Hyperacidity- You have long gap between your meals or skip meals, be sure that you’ll surely have hyperacidity. Read my blogs on the reasons and the solution to overcome hyperacidity: ”How to relieve acidity quickly? LET’S TREAT THE CAUSE” Click here
So what’s the right meal?
Is eating only soup and salad the right way?
Soups and salads are appetizers, not the main meal. Soups and salads are served before the main meal to improve the digestion of the meal that you are going to eat in the main meal.
Only eating soup and salad for dinner is equal to skipping meal. Never thing of just eating this and not including the macro nutrients.
‘’Okay, so are fruits okay to eat for dinner?’’
Fruits are natural sugars, and you need to eat them only when your body needs instant energy like early morning or post workout.
Eating fruits is the worst thing you can do to yourself. It’s not the right way, rather you’ll increase your body fat more than what it is now.
Here’s my blog to explain you things in details: ”Fruit Juices for Healthy skin: Myth” << Click here
Never have fruits for dinner or not even after your main meal in place of dessert. It is surely getting converted to fats.
What is the ideal dinner?
· You ideally doesn’t need carbohydrate in the dinner time unless you have dinner as early as 6pm. Carbs like wheat, jowar, bajra, nachni, oats, pulses provide energy inform of glucose, and we don’t need glucose energy at night.
Therefore restrict too much carbs in the night. Keep the protein: carbs ratio as 1: ½ (sample is given below).
· Eat enough proteins for dinner as it helps you recover muscles overnight and improves the metabolism, therefore, helps you burn fat. Include lots of proteins like yogurt, paneer, whole eggs, chicken, fish, cheese and lastly pulses. Always have protein quantity more than the carbs in the dinner.
· Include healthy fats for dinner like ghee, malai, white home made butter, cheese, full fat curd, full fat paneer, whole eggs, fatty fishes. Healthy fats are naturally anti inflammatory, therefore, helps you recover muscles and bone pain.
· Include lots of vegetables, as they are rich sources of antioxidants which improves metabolism and skin. It’s heart friendly and detoxs your body tremendously. Include lots of fresh cuts vegetables, prefer seasonal vegetables to get maximum nutrition like all the variety of green leafy vegetables, yellow, orange and red coloured vegetables like tomatoes, carrots, capsicum.
· Avoid sugar and rich dessert or fruits for dinner completely. Eating unnecessary fast absorbed sugars at night is definitely getting converted to fats. Even fruits are converted to fats.
· Ideally you must complete your meal 2 hrs before your sleep. This helps you sleep better and feel lighter.
· Always have a heavy meal at 5-6 pm (if your dinner is going to be later) to avoid binging in the dinner. You’ll realize that you are not craving for wrong foods and eating as per needed.
· Do not exceed more than 1 roti or 1 small bowl of rice for dinner and have proteins double of the carbs (roti/ rice). You can eat as much proteins and fats for dinner but not the carbs.
What combinations can you have for dinner? (Indian Diet)
· 1 roti + 100 gms paneer + methi matar malai + green salad
· 1 bowl rice + 150gms of curd + lasuni palak + tomato and cucmber salad
· 1 bowl rice + 100gms grilled fish + beetroot and coconut salad
· 1 roti + yogurt marinated chicken + mushroom sauté with carrots
PS: Join the FREE ONLINE WEIGHT LOSS COURSE NOW << Click here
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.