‘Fat makes you Fat’– a crappy thought people follow without knowing the power of whole fat.
The minute you go to any nutritionist, the first thing she’ll tell you is- AVOID GHEE, BUTTER, CHEESE, WHOLE MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS. Ahh too lame!
‘Okay so what should I eat?’ you ask
‘Ofcourse, the new slim milk available in the Mart. You know it’s all over place’ 🙂 with a genuine smile she answers.
If this is what she has to say, then you are going to the wrong one. YES you are!!
Seriously, Eating Fat has become a black-sheep among all the food groups. From whole wheat/ light biscuits to low fat butter or cheese is serving no good purpose but ditch you from reality.
It was so surprising for me when my client asked me ‘Please tell me which pasta should I order when I go out’ and the next minute she claims ‘she avoids Ghee to lose weight’ … (My tough client 😈 )
Nope! You need to clear your facts. Throw away the Low fat thought and know the reality from me given below:
Eating QUALITY FAT is so important:
- Our sex hormones are made up of Fat
- 60% of our brain is made up of fat
- Fat surrounds our nerves and protects them from shock
- Cell membrane, production of hormones, regulate blood pressure, clotting,anti- inflammation effect etc are some of the functions of fat.
By eliminating FAT completely from your diet, you can imagine what you’ll suffer:
- PCOD- Difficulty in conceiving ‘Now you know why?’
- Poor concentration- ‘No scope for you to become rich’ 😛
- Poor nerve functioning- ‘Your body can’t protect you from shock’ 😯
- High blood pressure, poor recovery of muscles, joint pain and list goes on..
Anything you eat in excess will get converted to fat whether it’s carbs or proteins or fat. Only decreasing some fat percentage from the original food does make it healthy.
Low fat intake will crash your metabolism making you Obese. On top of that when you thing the particular food is Low fat, you end up consuming more quantity than usual.
Choosing the right fat and the right quantity is extremely important to be health and lose weight.
There are two types of dietary fat:
1. Saturated fat
This type of fat is solid at room temperature. Cheese, butter, ghee, egg yolk, chicken fat, coconut, etc fall in this category. EAT J
2. Unsaturated fat
It is sub divided into two parts
i) MUFA (Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acid)
It is also known as Omega 9. OliveOIL , peanut oil, rice bran oil, canola oil, etc are examples of MUFA. COOK J
ii) PUFA (Poly Unsaturated Fatty Acid)
It is further divided into two parts:
a) Omega 3
Fish oil, flaxseed (Alsi in hindi), walnuts, almonds are good sources of omega 3. EAT 🙂
b) Omega 6
Cereals, pulses, sunflower, safflower, soya, mustard, cotton seed, sesame oil are rich sources of omega 6. Our diet is already righ in cereals and pulses, therefore avoid using Omega 6 oils to avoid excess. ELIMINATE 👿
It is the most detrimental Fat present unknowingly in your food. All the bakery items like khari, toast, cakes, pastries etc consists of trans fat. Margarine, dalda, vanaspati, reused oils, chips, biscuits, sausages, salad dressings, LOW FOOD variety, croissants and doughnuts are loaded with trans fat. COMPLETELY ELIMINATE 👿
Low fat products are MARKETED as roasted or baked. But most of these foods cannot be baked without adding fat to it. These products are promoted misleadingly. They have only 2-3% less fat as compared to the fried foods. Thinking that these products are low fat, you tend to stuff in more of these not so low fat products. Avoid them completely. 😈
And here goes my Magical Tips on Eat Fat and Lose Fat
- Early morning have 1tbsp of Healthy Fat to maintain your blood insulin levels throughout the day. Chose from the list given above.
- Avoid saturated fats from your diet. Have only 1 tsp of ghee per day in your diet.
- Trans fat should be avoided completely.
- Avoid cooking in Omega 6 oils.
- MUFA based cooking oils should be included. Use 2-3 tsp/ d for fat loss and 4-5 tsp for muscle gain (10% of the total calorie intake).
- 1 gm of Omega 3 is compulsory. For non vegetarian, you can use fish oil capsule (3-4 tab/d). If you are a vegetarian, you can have 3-4 flaxseed capsules/ flaxseed powder (not roasted) 2 Tbsp/d.
So enjoy fat with interesting cuisines and options and lose lots of fat, look stunning, have a gorgeous skin and lustrous hair 😀 Happy eating!
PS: Look what I found. I was skinny fat and now with healthy fats I lost fat and became more toned.
You are coming up with an amazing transformation video program where you can know the secrets of our transformation 😆 Stay tuned
Stay Healthy with Magical Health
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.