It is quite challenging for me to convince people to make healthy changes. I tried being lenient, sometimes strict but every individual showed me different response.
Was it something to do with food or exercise?
Well, surprisingly NO!
What makes people inconsistent and leave the healthy lifestyle is the MIND AND TOO MUCH OBSESSION WITH SIZE.
The challenges people come to me with are because of the following reasons:
- Reading too much about food and health: Internet is the surely a godsend for us but too much information spoils the focus and distracts the belief in what you are doing. Eg: I had a patient who kept assuring me about her blind faith on my meal plans but every second day she would message me some random links or article or interview of celebrities following some diets. This is surely a sign of distrust in your weight loss pathway.
These are just distractions! You beneath your goal with your own mind by not believing and so you keep searching on ‘’WHAT DOES GOOGLE SAY ABOUT THIS?’’ 😯
- Discussing too much: This one is more common amongst women. ‘’I hit this new weight loss center which gives me green juices.’’ ‘’Quinoa is better than dals’’ ‘’Let’s go vegan’’ ‘’Dairy products are not good’’ ‘’Circuit training is better, core exercises didn’t do that well’’
OMG! This is really too much to take in. Fads, new foods items, too much variety just confuses you and makes a person unconfident about ‘’Is my meal plan right?’’ 😥
- Obsession with weight: This is the toughest to be controlled on. Checking weight 100 times in a day, after waking up, after shitting, after drinking, before eating and the scale does its job faithfully. Do you think, this will keep you motivated? It surely swings your mood every time you check it. 🙄
Problems with the 3 actions results in:
Lack of faith
Lack of self love
Low self esteem
Stitch back to poor lifestyle
Bounce back double the weight
So, here’s the KEY to keep up your spirits high and fight back obesity with a complete mind body and soul alignment:
- Firstly, Focus on what is your goal, not others goal. You are a different individual; your ways are different and that’s what makes you unique.
- Secondly, get this in your head that Reading too much, and following others diet cannot change your body. It’ll just confuse you more.
- Thirdly, accept the reality that body shape can be changed with simple changes you make in your lifestyle. Do not take your meal plans as diet plans; it would just make it tougher. Eat well, enjoy your meals, and let it be a part of your lifestyle.
- Fourthly, Love yourself. Sounds simple but is the most difficult thing to do. Accept yourself, appreciate and then see how it boosts your moral and then nothing can stop you from reaching your goal.
- Fifth thing to remember is to Focus on Progress and not the Perfection. Nothing is perfect n this world. In case you fail to follow your meal plan or skip your workout, then do not give up and hold back. Buck up and start from that moment.
- Sixth and the last important tip is to Be Head Strong. Do not discuss with people about your lifestyle. Let them talk about their ways of losing weight, or whichever new thing is better than yours, you keep your strategies to yourself. Let it be a secret to you. Believe, and take actions.
So do a favor on yourself. Think of the ways to add meaning to your lifestyle and make the most out of it.
You are sure to HIT THE GOAL!
PS: Join the Personal counselling program- Pinch to Inch Loss << Click here
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.