Why do you want to lose weight?
For your spouse/ boyfriend/ girlfriend
To look good in the party?
For peoples compliments?
For social acceptance?
For professional acceptance?
Then, It would be hard to say, that you’ll not be able to lose weight easily.
People come to me with set goals but unfortunately all of them failed to meet their goals.
When I started my career as a consultant nutritionist, I was damn puzzled about why are people finding it so difficult to follow their dream to lose weight and look goregeous? I kept looking for an answer that why are they not able to achieve it even after giving them best possible diet counselling, and workout plans.
One day I went to the mall and saw an amazing book in crossword section of self improvement. This book caught my eyes, and gave me all the answers to my queries.
I got my answers on WHY ARE YOU NOT ABLE TO ACHIEVE WEIGHT LOSS EASILY?
There is nothing wrong with the workout plan
There is nothing wrong with your meal plan
There is nothing wrong with your physical activity
There is a major and a simple reason behind it.
It’s the lack of belief and feeling unworthy.
If I ask you, You are still fat…
You are not looking good…
You have a big belly…
This dress doesn’t suit you…
If, the answers in your mind is YES, then you definately have a low self esteem and feel unworthy.
All of the above people had one thing in common, and that is, every one want to look good or lose weight for others approval. None of them wanted to lose weight or look good for their own self. Either they want to impress someone, or want to show off how pretty they are. This is the major reason why they are frustrated, jealous, have low self esteem and low confidence, which ultimately results in no result.
Obesity is in your mind, which is reflected in your body
There is something that is beyond the alignment of your values.
There is something within you that you need to identify.
There is a deeper connection with your soul which will help you believe and achieve your goals easy and effortlessly.
So, How do you change this feeling of unworthy and low self esteem?
The answer to this is SELF LOVE
What is Self Love?
Self Love is the sense of feeling worthy.
Self Love is the sense of feeling confident about yourself.
Self Love is when you lack inferiority complex.
Self Love is when your love yourself immensely.
Self Love is when you do things for yourself.
”Okay, but it sounds funny. I don’t like boosting myself. Everyone will feel I’m too proud of myself and ruddy”
Understand, there is a hell lot of difference between, being too proud of yourself and have self Love.
A proud person will never appreciate others but will just boost themselves. They are jealous, they feel they are the best.
Whereas, the person with self love will feel they are awesome and so are others. They enjoy others happiness too, they do things for themselves than to impress people, they give immense love to themselves which reflects in form of giving love to others and receive abundance of love from others.
Trust me, If you don’t love yourself, you won’t receive love from others. That’s simply because, your vibration levels goes down, it doesn’t charm your face, it doesn’t reflect happiness on your face.
Self Love in simple language is SELF RESPECT for yourself.
How to Self Love?
1- Do you Love yourself analysis
The scariest thing is when you are not sure of your goals. Your goals fail when they are not specific to you, but are made to meet others expectations. When you are not willing to do things on your own, you can never achieve goals even if you take guidance from the best expert or exercise regularly or diet strictly.
- Write it down on a piece of paper what do you really desire?
- Do you really want to lose weight?
- Do you want to lose weight for others approval?
- Do your want to lose weight for social acceptance? Like in parties other to impress people?
- Do you want to lose weight to gain attention of your spouse?
- Do you feel happy about yourself?
- Do you feel you are worthy?
- Do you feel jealous of people who are thinner than you?
- Do you feel losing weight is difficult for you?
- Do you feel like skipping parties or any social gatherings just because of your size?
- Do you keep criticizing yourself looking at the mirror all the time?
- Are you too harsh on your body when it comes to weight loss?
- Do you hate yourself?
- Do you compare yourself with others?
- Do you keep thinking ”when I’ll become thin, then only be happy?”
- Do you want to prove a point to someone?
If most of your answers are YES, then surely, you are not in alignment with your desire.
2- Identify your desire
You cannot lose weight if you feel so unworthy. You need to just shift your focus from negative to positive thinking. But before that you need to identify what you really really desire.
- What is it that your really want?
- Why do your want it?
- Which is the first thing you;’ll do when you achieve it?
Eg: RIGHT WAY
- What is it that your really want? I want to lose 15kgs
- Why do your want it? Because I feel very comfortable with this weight. I look immensly beautiful and gorgeous with this weight.
- Which is the first thing you;’ll do when you acheive it? I’ll tell my best friend about it. I’ll go for a trip or do a photoshoot.
Note, you’ll write down the answers in relation to yourself, not from others point of view
Eg: WRONG WAY
- What is it that your really want? I want to lose 15 kgs
- Why do your want it? For my husbands attention or to look good in a party
- Which is the first thing you;’ll do when you acheive it? I’ll do shopping, I’ll wear my old dresses
Di you see the differnce in the attitude from the ablvre examples? This shift in attitude brings the results faster than you ever think.
3- Add feelings to your desire
A desire without any feeling is just a desire. It’s just a wishful thinking then. Ask yourself:
- How happy will you feel when your dream comes true?
- How will you dress that day when your desire is fulfilled?
- Which color dress will you wear?
- Which haircut will your wear?
- What accessories will you carry?
- How confident will you feel?
- How will you feel when people will get inspired from you?
- Which is the first thing that you will do when your wish comes true?
Think about all this. Answer each question and feel the goose bumps. Add feelings to your desire, If your desires are true and are full of feelings and passion, then no one can stop you achieve you goals. Let the world say, ”this is not possible for you”, the more they say, the more you get firm on your goals.
4- Count your blessings
Our body is the gift of god.
We need to take care of it. The most unpleasant thing which each one does is, hate their body and consistently criticize it.
Tell me one thing, if you don’t love yourself then how can you expect others to love you? If you don’t enjoy you own company then, how can you expect others to enjoy with you?
- Groom yourself.
- Look at the mirror and count how blessed you are to have this healthy body.
- You have eyes to see this beautiful world, you family, your loved ones.
- You are blessed to have beautiful heart which pumps every second without fail to give you this life.
- You are blessed to have hands and legs which make it possible for you to move around and do any work easily.
- You are so efficient to work for everyone in the family.
- You are so loving and caring.
- You are so talented
- You can cook / paint/ dance/ sing etc
There are countless blessing. Add them up each day. Love your body. Love your soul. The pathway of your vision will become a lot more easier for you.
Most of the successful people, use the technique of visualization, conscious or unconsciously.
It is a strongest tool which gives you the feeling that you have already achieved your goals.
- Visualize that people are looking at you in the party, they are shocked to see the new you. Their jaws drop down when then look at you.
- Your confidence is more powerful.
How happy you are feeling when you think of this? Feel that emotion.
- Go around in the mall and look at the dresses you want to fit in and affirm to yourself that this is my dress; I am wearing it for sure one day.
Feeling of self belongingness will create a deeper emotion inside you which will fulfill your desires by hook or by crook. Each morning, you must visualize for atleaset15-20 mins with feeling.
6- Self appreciation
Each day make sure, that you write down 10 positive points about yourself.
- Maintain a journal or a small notebook.
- Before going to sleep write down 10 positive points about yourself.
- Try and write different qualities each day. You’ll really get different wualtities each day.
- Write about the outer qualities like eyes, noes, ears, skin, hair etc, the inner qualities like heart lungs, liver, kidneys, bones, muscles, veins, blood, etc, and about the gestures and feelings like love, passion, talent, art work you know of, etc
This activity will help you boost your Self Worth and Self Respect. The goals will become limited to yourself and easy to follow. This will build the calmness and eliminate the desperation to lose weight.
And of course, the actions will remain the same.
- Eat well, small frequent meals.
- Some Helpful blogs on eating well: Is ”Low Calorie Food” actually good for you? << Click here
- Are you eating biscuits, bhel or chiwda for evening snack? << Click here
- Break the stuck weight << Click here
- How to lose weight quickly? Eat more << Click here
- Eat Fat to Lose Fat: The best way to Lose Weight << Click here
- Eat More to Lose More (Stop counting calories for weight loss) << Click here
- Workout well.
- Some helpful blogs for workout: From Zero to Hero (Schedule exercise for weight loss) << Click here
- Best weight loss method for women: Weight training << Click here
- Drink enough water.
- Some of the helpful blogs: Water, I forgot you! << Click here
- Rest well
As it is correctly said, a goal without an plan and action is just a goal.
8- Enjoy each day
Taking stress creates an imbalance in the hormones in your body. There is lack of absorption of the nutrients. Negative emotions are directly related to the malabsorption in the stomach and ultimately resulting in the metabolic disorders like diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension etc. Confine stress and throw it out of your life.
The easiest solution to this is, to enjoy the present moment.
- Observe the greenery around you
- Enjoy the cup of tea or coffee looking at the window
- Watch a movie which makes you laugh, etc.
- The more you enjoy your present; the lower will be your stress
Magical Action Plan to Lose weight easily:
- Analyse what are the negative feeling holding you back. Replace then with positive thinking.
- Set the realistic goals limited to yourself and not for others approval.
- Once your goals are rerady, add feeling to it to keep you going.
- Count your blessings each day.
- Visualise each day in the morning for 15-20 mins.
- Each night write down 10 positive qualitites of yourself.
- Make a hobby list like dancing, singing, etc and see to it that you give at least 2-3 hours per week to do your hobby.
The day is not too far where you will prove others that you are a winner. That day is not very far that the same people who complained will come and ask for your advice. The same people who told you that your goals are impractical, will come and compliment you.
If you wish to take personal counseling for Fat loss and improve skin, then your can enroll with my Pinch to Inch Loss Program.
Detail: ‘’Pinch to Inch Loss’’ << Click here
To know more details on this email me at email@example.com
Also, if you wish to learn to plan your own diet, then I have a fantastic program for you ‘’30 days online weight loss at just INR 999/-‘’
Details: ‘’30 days Online Weight Loss Course’’ << Click here
To know more details on this email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.