Acidity, quite a Hot and Burning topic today everywhere you go around…right?
Antacids, fizzy drinks and what not is loaded in our first aid box to relieve it but Damn, It reappears everyday! 😥
‘I can stay without my food and wife but not without my antacid’ my uncle says
You google/ see a doctor/ ask your friends and do what not to relieve it but everything works only temporary on you. So I decided today to write an article that will treat the Root Cause of Acidity. And therefore, you can relieve the acidity quickly.
Yeah! It means NO MORE ANTACIDS and its discussion required…
The Major reason of acidity is NOT EATING ON TIME. IT’S SO SIMPLE!!!
KEEPING LONG GAP BETWEEN TWO MEALS IS THE MOST CRUCIAL SEGMENT WHICH NEEDS TO BE TREATED.
Okays now, when I say LONG GAPS it means:
- You are not eating meals frequently (every 2hrs)
- You are skipping your meals.
- You are hogging on large meals after the long gap.
- You are indulging wrong food.
Each of the reason written above is the result of keeping long gap between the meals.
What made you this crazy to not eat meals?
‘MY BUSY SCHEDULE.. AHH’
Long meetings, busy gossiping on phone, working long on laptop etc etc… leaves us no time to EAT.
We are so busy in our lifestyles that the thing what we are earning for (stomach) is left in one corner.
Eating every two hours? Are you nuts!
‘I am busy in meeting, giving presentation. You can’t expect me to eat in front of 20 people’ – A common scenario in urban cities today.
The couch potato OVEREATING on weekends and absolute NO MEAL on weekday meeting confuses your STOMACH on HOW TO WORK?
Reason behind this is: POOR SCHEDULING/ POOR PLANNING leads to skipping meals and long gaps.
Another factor that leads to acidity is STRESS.
Stress leads to poor secretion of digestive juices which leads to poor digestion. Also, it decreases the secretion of cortisol hormone which reduces your metabolic rate, prevents fat burning and converts food into fat. Now you know why do you put on weight when you are stressed?
Few other factors are:
Heavy medications, spicy food, worry are other reasons for hyperacidity. It causes other symptoms too like heartburn, burping, constipation, bloating etc.
WHY SAY NO TO ANTACIDS?
Ingredients of antacid include MAGNESIUM and ALUMINIUM which produces a laxative effect (washing off all the good bacteria from your intestines, which further aggravates your digestion problems), leads to hormonal imbalance, frequent urination, loss of appetite, dehydration and mood swings too. So, say no to antacids and watch your food now!
Here goes my Magical tips, the EASY WAY TO RELIVE ACIDITY
So, before reaching out on the lemon water, salt, capsule, syrups to treat your symptoms eat your food right. It’s never too late, start now!!
- PLAN YOU’RE DAY: Planning your day one day prior will make 90% of your job easy. You will eat well, no skipping meals and 90% lesser chance of getting hyperacidity.
- EAT EVERY 2 HOURS: I know you are working, you can’t keep cooking all the time, if you are in office you can’t get home made food every two hours.
- FOOD OPTIONS FOR 2 HOURLY MEALS: Peanuts, roasted channa, cheese slice, sprouts, protein bars, nariyal pani with malai, fruit, soya milk, soya nuts, avocado, dips with cut veggies, hummus with whole wheat tortilla chips, curd/ yogurt on your desk. For the women who are homemakers, grab these foods from the kitchen every two hours. Easy!
- WATER, THE MIRACLE FOOD: It improves the gastric juice secretion and boosts the absorption of vitamins. Drink 2-3 litres of water/day.
- SAY NO TO CAFFEINE: Tea or coffee dehydrates you, reduces your appetite. Not even green tea.
- HAVE LESS SPICY OR FRIED FOODS.
- STOP WHEN YOU ARE FULL. How to judge if you are overeating? Use all your five senses when you are eating food: look at your food (eyes), smell the food (nose), savour your food (taste), feel your food (eat with your hands), stop listening to others (ears). Chew your food thoroughly and then gulp. Eat patiently.
- BE ACTIVE: Workout, walk around, take staircase, dance, do any of your favourite physical activity.
- INCLUDE FUNCTIONAL FOODS like sauf (aniseeds), ginger, mint leaves, aloevera juice, clove, tulsi, banana to reduce acidity.
Stay Healthy with Magical Health
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.
PS: SUBSCRIBE me in the given box below. I would like to connect with you and keep you updated with new articles and services.