FOOD AND FASHION goes hand in hand…. Oh wait wait, I don’t mean here the literal fashion and styling, but the fashion in which you eat food 😎
The food you eat affects your health but the manner in which your eat matters too. It’s quite interesting to know that small things like ”The way you eat food” has a direct relationship with your weight and health.
I’m not here to teach you fancy ways to eat your meals but most important etiquette ”The ways of eating food to keep your weight on check”.
This one is quite interesting, I was searching a lot of ways to style of eating food and what I found was the highly advanced way of eating mindfully was Indian style of eating.
These etiquette are ignored because of the highly influenced western and modern lifestyle we stay in today. And my simple questions can help you identify the mistakes you do while eating food. Here it goes:
Are you concentrating on food while eating?
Are you talking while eating your meals?
Are you chatting with your friends?
Are you watching dramas on the idiot box while eating?
What is the thought going with the food in stomach?
Indian dinning etiquette are scientific, classy and parallel to your stomach capacity.
Why is Indian Dinning etiquette so different from other Styles of eating?
- It involves concentration solely on food.
- Praying before the meal keeps your mind peaceful and calm
- The hot aroma of the spices increases the digestive juices.
- Pickel, chutney and salt are first kept of the plate to eat to improve the Ph level of the stomach to improve digestion.
- Gratitude to the person serving improves the bond between the person serving with love.
- You can sense the signal from your stomach to the brain that you are full.
- The feeling of satisfaction at the right time.
- Includes all the 5 senses while eating to improve saliva and digestive juices.
- Post eating, it improves the digestion and nutrient absorption
How to practice the Indian Dinning etiquette?
1. Platting is vital before eating, so keep the necessities on the floor over asan or on table top. Indians used pattal, banana leaves, copper or silver vessels to eat as they are anti bacterial in nature and provides all the important minerals while eating food. The best thing is Indian used bio gas for cooking and earthen or iron pots which further increases the natural micro nutrient properties.
This could be quite a task to follow in a city life, so keep it simple and fresh. Do not have stale or ready to cook foods to provide maximum nutrition. Eat the cooked food within half an hour of cooking time.
2. First and foremost sit peacefully on the floor or the chair which ever you chose. Keep yourself away from the cell phone, television or any sort of distraction. The more you relax, the better will be the digestion and the signal from stomach to the brain.
3. See through the food carefully before you eat. See the colors and the type of food you are eating. Understand which food are you eating currently, Is it balanced? Is it fresh? Is it clean? Is it hygenic? Let your mouth water with the gaze of the food.
4. Smell the food. The hot steam of the roti, rice, the aroma of the spices, the freshness of the food will stimulate the brain to increase the digestive juices in the stomach. It’s vital to follow this step.
5. Touch the food instead of using spoon or fork. Feel the texture of the food and eat it with love.
6. Nibble the bite all over your tongue. Let the food mix well with the saliva to breakdown the complex food into simpler form to digest.
7. Chew very well. Do not gulp down the food too fast as it doesn’t get mixed well with the saliva, leads to poor digestion and overeating.
8. Eat slowly and whole heartedly. Feeling of calmness improves the pace of eating, therefore, eat with patience.
9. Music has a very high impact on the emotions. Therefore, listening to soft, meditating and relaxing music does help you eat slow and peacefully. Never listen to emotional or too fast songs as they will create anxiety while eating food.
10. Eat till you feel satisfied. Take at least 20 mins to complete one meal because it keeps the appetite smaller and gives you a complete satisfaction after eating a small meal slowly.
Read the related blog: ”Eat Slow (eating etiquette for weight loss)” << Click here
PS: We love posing and taking selfies. Did you like it? 😛
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.