This is my story. I was always a very thin girl, extremely thin one. 🙁
People thought I was the blessed one who never puts on weight easily and so I could eat anything I wish to but this was not the case.
I was bullied
I had too many medical issues- PCOD, knee and back pain, low immunity, breathlessness
Brittle and broken, brown hair
Thinking of all this, is this really fitness?
Fortunately, my education on nutrition and fitness saved me from going worse.
What changed me?
Eating right and exercising. SIMPLE!
‘’Skinny people need not exercise’’
‘’Where does your food go? It’s not seen on your body’’
‘’Why have you been coming to the gym? What more you want to lose?’’- I hear this everyday in my gym 🙄
I remember when one of my aunt stopped her slim trim, delicate daughter in law to workout in a gym as she was ‘’Okay’’ looking (size wise).
People fail to understand that if you look thin, you could still have high body fat percentage.
‘’IT’S NOT ABOUT THE SIZE, IT’S ABOUT FAT INSIDE’’
That’s what is being Skinny Fat.
What is Skinny fat?
- Look thin but have high body fat percentage and low muscle mass.
- Poor immunity
- Low strength and poor endurance
- PCOD is the most common thing in young women even if they are thin.
- Might not have any medical issue when you are young but it will show up in later life.
- Skin is usually dull
- Excessive hair fall, thin and brittle hair
- Back pain is the most common symptom
Long term side effects of being skinny fat:
- High risk of metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypercholestrol, hypertension, fatty liver and more
- Will fall sick very often
- Skin darkness, pigmentation
- Majorly knee and back issues, spondylosis
LOSING WEIGHT IN AN UNHEALTHY WAY TOO IS BEING SKINNY FAT
There is a lot of difference between weight loss and fat loss.
|Weight loss||Fat Loss|
|Lose more weight than inches||Lose more inches than weight|
|Look the same after losing weight||Look way to leaner than what they lost in weight|
|Looks round/ odd shape||Looks toned|
|Higher fat and low muscle mass||Higher muscle mass and low fat|
|Dull and pigmented skin||Glowing skin|
|Excessive hair fall||Good hair growth|
|Bone related disorders||Stronger bones|
|Prone to metabolic disorders||Prevent and cures metabolic diseases|
Read my very popular blog on: ”How to lose weight quickly? Weight loss VS Fat loss” << Click here
How to be healthy and yet be lean?
- Being thin does not mean that you should not exercise or can eat anything you want.
- Even if you are fat and are trying to lose weight then fociusing on the right way to lose weight is by shedding fat and not muscle mass.
- Exercise is important for every on whether you are thin or fat. Both of them could have higher fat percentage.
- Cardio, strength training and stretching are extremely important to increase the muscle mass, look lean and burn fat.
Magical action plan on how to lose fat:
- Eat healthy foods only should be your priority. Even if you look thin doesn’t mean you can eat whatever junk you wish you to you can.
- Include lots of healthy proteins like milk, curd/ yogurt, paneer, eggs, chicken and fish.
- Include healthy fats like whole cream milk and it’s products like curd, paneer, nuts, peanuts, avocado, ghee, cheese, white butter.
- Eat only complex carbohydrates like whole cereals and pulses, green leafy vegetables and whole fruits.
- Eliminate refined and processed foods like biscuits, refined oils, packed foods, low fat or diet foods, colas or soda
- Workout well. It should compromise of all the important fitness components- weight training, cardio and strerhcing.
- Never focus on the size. It’s all about the body fat percentage.
- Exercise is important for everyone, no matter how you look, thin or fat.
PS: Join the FREE ONLINE WEIGHT LOSS COURSE NOW << Click here
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.