‘I want a beautiful skin, so I drink lots of fruit juices’
‘I just blend all the fruits and do not strain the juice to get all the fibre’
‘I am on fruit juice diet since three days for weight loss’.…Blah blah!!
Such questions and myths made it mandatory for me to write a blog on fruits and fruit juices. 🙄
Choosing fruit juice over cola is definitely better but that too is loaded with natural sugar without giving you any benefit. I insist my clients to eat only whole fruit and not drink it. The logic behind this is given below:
Making a juice out of the fruits, no matter how imported or fresh the fruits are, how expensive your juicer is, it destroys the vitamins and minerals. Even if you add the strained fibre back into the juice, you have destroyed the structure of fruits and vegetables. BAD BAD!!
You are just drinking the colored water now which has zero nutrients. Exposure to the air has already oxidized its nutrients.
Fruits are rich source of antioxidants. Ideally, they should get oxidized in your body and not outside. Therefore, eating a fruit is a better than juicing or cutting it.
Which are the best fruits to improve skin?
· All local and fresh fruits.
· Eat whole fruits and not cut/ preserved/ canned/ refrigerated or Juice
· The thinner the skin of the fruit, the higher is the antioxidant properties it has e.g. cherries and berries
Which is the ideal time to have fruits?
· EARLY MORNING: Our blood glucose levels are low early morning. Since we have not had food overnight, our body will absorbs fructose and use it to level our blood glucose
· POST WORKOUT: During workout body uses glucose stores in our body for energy (glycogen). Body needs simple carbs to replenish the used glycogen stores. Therefore, a banana will work wonderfully post workout.
· WHEN PHYSICALLY VERY ACTIVE like shopping, tecking, etc.
Another thing, I have seen families sitting together post dinner together, sharing cut fruits thinking that it is good for health. Fruits should not be consumed post lunch or dinner. When we eat beyond our stomach threshold, our food is converted to triglyceride whether it is dessert or even a small piece of fruit. Now you know the reason for high TG levels! L
My Magical Tip for healthy skin:
- Eat whole fruits instead of drinking it. TAKE THE PAINS OF CHEWING!
- Have seasonal and local fruits only. If it’s summer- mango, winter- strawberries
- Start your day with any seasonal, local fruits or post workout.
- Never have fruits post lunch or dinner.
Stay Healthy with Magical Health
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.
PS: SUBSCRIBE me in the given box below. I would like to connect with you and keep you updated with new articles and services 😆