Knee pain represents ‘’Pride and Ego’’- Louise Hay
Our mind has a lot of impact on our health. With growing stress, poor lifestyle and lower self esteem has brought us to the series of disorders.
The most common after diabetes, PCOD and thyroid is bone issues. Every second client coming to me either has knee or back pain. Not only old but very young people too complain about this 😯
Before we talk about the bone health, it’s important to understand the relationship between bones and muscles.
BONES AND MUSCLES
Bones are surrounded and cover with muscles and ligaments which keeps the bones cushioned and protected.
When you say bone weight is more, it simply means your muscles mass is more and so the bone mineral density too is high.
With ageing process, obesity, lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle and lack of nutrition leads to depletion of muscle mass and therefore, loss of bone mineral density.
Let’s revise in brief the cause f the bone disorders:
- Muscle spasm- Lack of movement, lack of sufficient water and calcium in the diet leads to stiffness in the muscles which brings about pain in the bones. Most of the youngsters feel they have back issues but unfortunately, it’s not about the bone but the muscle stiffness because of lack of movement and sedentary lifestyle.
- No movement or flexibility- Sitting for hours in front of the computer, not stretching your body leas to muscle spasm and therefore, the bones are triggered to pain.
- High body fat- Bones are surrounded with muscles. With poor lifestyle quality, the muscles starts depleting leading to high body fat. The extra load of fat gives a burden to the bones. This is one of the major issue of bone related pain.
- Just walking to lose weight- Have you noticed people just walk to lose weight and end up getting knee pain? The reason behind is that they are just working on cardiac endurance and not developing the muscle strength by just focusing on cardio.
- No hydration- Lack of water is a big problem of muscle stiffness. Therefore, bones get stiff too and leads to pain.
- Lack of nutrients- Not eating well, crash diets, fad diets, low calorie intake, monotonous diets, single ingredient diets, low fat food, instant foods, packed foods, aerated drinks, and more crazy and short cut foods leads to muscle loss and therefore reduces bone mineral density.
- Poor recovery- Lack of sleep leads to poor recovery of muscles, therefore, the bones too demineralize.
- Quick fix methods- Losing weight in an unhealthy way leads to massive muscle and bone minerals loss.
Here’s a video which explains you in detail about How to Recover Knee Pain:
Get the right bone health:
1- Get the right body fat- Fat can be reduced only by increasing the muscle mass. Therefore, working out well especially weight training is mandatory.
2- Do it the right way: Stop focusing on quick fix methods like only liquid diets, general motor diets or soup salad diets. You’ll lose more muscle mass than fat which will aggravate your pain and disorder.
3- Increase muscle mass- Focus on growing muscle mass as it will reduce fat massively, and will also improve the bone mineral density.
4- Focus on fat loss and not weight loss- Muscle mass growth might give you zero weight loss or rather might increase your weight but it will surely make you leaner (inch loss), give you tighter skin and most obvious will make your bones strong.
5- Weight training- the best way to increase the muscle mass and bone mineral density is weight training. Strength training twice a week is mandatory to keep the body composition optimal and keep the bones strong.
6- Vitamin D3- Keep a check on your D3 levels with blood tests. Vitamin D3 is responsible for calcium absorption in the blood. Therefore, if your vitamin D3 is low, it will not allow the calcium to deposit on the bone.
7- Ghee- is a a saturated fat but its nature is like unsaturated fart because of the process of clarification. It’s highly anti inflammatory and lubricated the bones. You can include ghee regularly in your diet without thinking too much that it will increase you weight (fat) which is not true. Ghee burns fat, and improves the muscle and bone recovery. Have atleasdt 1 tbsp of ghee each day.
8- Omega 3- Just like ghee other sources of omega 3 like almonds, walnuts, fish oil, fresh water fishes, flaxseeds are anti inflammatory. They too improve muscle and bone recovery. Try and incorporate atleast 2 serving of these foods in your diet every day.
9- Calcium and magnesium- Full cream milk, full fat yogurt, paneer, nuts, ghee, ragi, methi and other green leafy vegetables will improve the calcium and minerals intake but at times, this is not enough to meet the requirement. Taking supplementation is vital in case of low. I generally give my patient 500mg of calium from the supplement and 500mg from the diet.
10-Proteins- milk and milk products, eggs, chicken and fish are the richest sources of protein. If your protein intake is going to be low, the surely you’ll have poor muscle mass and bone mineral density. Include these rich sources as much as possible. Check from an expert sports nutritionist the right dose of proteins for you and incase supplement is needed, then do incorportate it in your diet.
11- Antioxidants- Vitamin C rich sources like citrus fruit and vegetables, oranges, cashew fruit, capsicum, guava, amla, vitamin E rich sources like nuts and green leafy vegetables, and indian spices are fantastic sources of antioxidants. They reduce the free radicals which leads to soreness and poor recovery and relieves the pain too.
11- Rest and recovery- sleeping is the utmost thing to rememder for bone health. Sleeping not only helps your recover muscles and bones drastically but also reduces stress which triggers the pain in the bone.
12- Stress management- keeping your mind occupied with things you love doing increases the endorphine hormone which relieves stress. You can chose 1 of your hobby and do it atleast once a week. Other ailments to relieve stress are affirmations, visualization, and gratitude which can massively transform your mind and heal your health.
Magical Action Plan:
- Stretch well every day.
- Focus on atleast 2 workout of weight training in a week.
- Focus on inch loss and not weight loss.
- Include healthy fats like whole cream milk, yogurt, paneer, ghee, nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashew, seeds like flaxseeds, muskmelon seeds and whole eggs.
- Include enough proteins like whole milk, yogurt, paneer, eggs, chicken, fish, pulses to improve the muscle mass.
- Ghee and fish oil are the best anti inflammatory sources which lubricates the joint.
- Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated. Check the color of your urine, if it’s yellow, then you are dehydrated. Urine should be transparent which is the right indication of hydration.
- Include antioxidants like citrus fruits, yellow orange fruits and vegetables, green leafy vegetables, nuts to reduce stress.
- Check your vitamin D3 levels every 3-4 month (blood test). Take supplement if required.
- Include calcium rich sources like milk and milk, products, ragi, nuts, methi leaves.
PS: Join the FREE ONLINE WEIGHT LOSS COURSE NOW << Click here
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.