Being a women, I always thought having periods is a pain… mentally and physically too.
Fluctuating mood swings
Frustration, anger and getting restless
This is what most women face during menstruating but is it normal to have pain during periods?
”Certainly yes!… Is that what you are thinking?”
Then let me clear this myth with this amazing fact that HAVING PAIN DURING PERIODS IS NOT NORMAL. It is simply a symptom of poor lifestyle that we lead today. Just like hormonal disorders or diabetes is taken too lightly, pain during periods is taken normally too.
I don’t mean to say that having pain is a disease, but it’s a clear indication of not leading a healthy lifestyle- Eating junk most or all the time, no exercising at all, no physical activity, eating less nutritious food and therefore being malnourished (obesity, skinny fat is malnourishment too).
I was shocked to see my cousin giving my niece Diet Cola to curb the pain, NO NO to divert her mind from the pain. It’s insane! 😡
What kind of lifestyle are we leading today? Eating chocolates, colas and oily to divert out minds from pain…
What are the reasons for pain during periods?
- Majorly because of NO WORKOUT.
- Not having enough water or fluids.
- Not having enough calcium
- Not eating proteins
- Eating too much refined foods like maida, breads, biscuits, sugars, packed and processed foods.
- Having low fat variety like low fat milk, cheese or any low fat packed food.
- Eating too much low calorie and ‘’diet’’ food variety like diet chiwda, khakra or biscuit.
- Not taking rest, sleeping late night and binging.
- Consuming too much alcohol and smoking.
After so much abuse, body still tries to keep up your system in place. SO, STOP BLAMING PERIODS AND IT’S PAIN… It’s your lifestyle that is at fault.
Here’s my Magical Action plan to releive pain during periods:
· Pain can curb only when you start focusing on working out. This is the most important key to stop menstrual pain. I DON’T MEAN TO SAY WORKOUT DURING PERIODS, WORKOUT REGULARLY ON DAILY BASIS AND YOU’LL HAVE NO PAIN DURING PERIODS.
· WEIGHT TRAINING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT EXERCISE THAT YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON. I found that from the time, I starting weight training, my bleeding became normal, I had no pain, no mood swings and never realize the sense of menstruating.
· INTENSITY MATTERS. Sticking to the same intensity doesn’t improve the muscles mass and it’s sensitivity. Uterus too is a muscle, therefore, improving the intesity will strengthen it and the sensitivity of the uterus.
· Reduce body fat by exercising and eating more healthy foods. Even if you look absolutely the right body weight, you might have high body fat percentage. Whether you are thin or fat, workout and eating healthy is a must.
· Stick to healthy fats and proteins. Our hormones are made up fats and proteins , therefore eating lots of healthy fats and proteins keeps your hormonal levels balanced.
· Replace sugars, refines foods, breads, biscuits with Proteins like whole milk and milk products- curd, cheese, white homemade butter, whole eggs, chicken, fish, whole pulses (best is sprouted form).
· Replace low fat and diet foods with lots of healthy fats like ghee, full fat milk, full fat curd, malai, coconut malai, nuts, flaxseeds or any other seeds.
· Calcium supplement can help you relieve the pain as the muscle contraction and relaxation happens with the help of calcium. In case of deficiencies, there is more pain in the abdomen. Have the supplement on the regular basis.
· Completely avoid caffeine during periods like too much coffee, tea, and colas. They hinders the calcium absorption and aggravate pain.
· Drink plenty of water as muscles are 70% water and will give you less cramp.
· 1Tbsp of Aiwain, salt (dry) when consumed with warm water, gives you instant relief from the pain, therefore, avoid medications as much as possible.
· If in case you crave for sugar, then it’s definitely because you are not eating your meals on time and keeping a longer gap. Eat more frequently and see the difference in your cravings.
· Have omega 3 rich foods to avoid PMS. Whole eggs, flaxseeds, fish oil, almonds, walnuts, and even ghee can show massive control over mood swings.
Important Take Away:
- You have to follow all the guidelines on the regular basis and not only during periods to get the permanent relief from the pain.
- Medications are only temporary relief for the pain but this is not solving the root cause of the problem.
- With the regular workouts and eating healthy meals, there won’t be excessive bleeding too.
- It’s the best way to prevent hormonal disorders, PCOD and increases the fertility.
PS: Join the FREE ONLINE WEIGHT LOSS COURSE NOW << Click here
Are you hooked up on FACEBOOK? Then, share this post with your friends, family and colleagues and hit like to MAGICAL HEALTH page.
COMMENTS please!!! I would like to hear from you about this article.